Tuesday, August 14, 2007

MUDDY BUDDY RIDE AND RUN

August 14, 2007

Many of you know I have become an avid mountain biker. I ride 2 to 3 times per week and absolutely love it. I am the perfect example of how a heavy cardio work out needs to be mixed with a good diet to lose weight. Because with all the riding I do, I am still pushing a little over 245. My good friend, John Todaro, has convinced me to join him in the MUDDY BUDDY EVENT this year in Los Angeles. I have some information and a link below if you have any interest. Basically it is a race, both on bike and running. You and your partner take off together, but one runs and the other rides. The rider hits a check point and drops the bike and starts running. The runner gets to the check point and picks up the bike and rides. There are 6 check points and then we drudge thru the mud and to the finish line. Oh boy I can't wait... So, I have decided to mix diet with exercise and am looking for some help to get motivated. I am turning this into a fund raiser. Read my blog on August 13th about Ben Comen because I want to raise money for Ben's foundation, "Ben Comen, Living Without Limits Fund" ... So, I am looking for sponsors. Here is my proposal. Donate a sum for every pound I loose between now and the race, plus I must finish the race. I am looking for donations from $3 to $10 per pound. This is pretty safe for you all. I have been trying to lose weight my whole life and I just keep getting bigger. Plus I have been running or riding 4 to 5 days per week for the last 6 weeks. So, I am pretty close to my top cardio fitness. It is all about the diet from here on out!

Come on now, will it be $5 or $10 per pound? Just give me a call or shoot me an email. But do it soon, or you might be getting a call!


Muddy Buddy Event
http://www.muddybuddy.com/events.php?id=8
Muddy Buddy Los Angeles :: November 4, 2007
presented by

To all of our Partners in Grime, we welcome you to the 2007 Muddy Buddy Ride and Run Series! This unique trail running and biking race is sure to be fun and challenging for everyone. Both beginning athletes and experienced racers alike will have a great time along the course and through the obstacles, especially in the infamous Mud Pit! We can't wait to see you there, so grab a buddy and prepare to Get Dirty.
Race Description
Each race features a 6-7 mile course and 5 obstacles. At the start of the race, one team member will run and one will ride the bike. At the 1st obstacle, the rider will drop the bike, complete the obstacle, and begin running. The runner will arrive, complete the obstacle, find their bike, and begin riding. Teams will continue leapfrogging each other through the entire course. At the end of the race, racers will crawl through the infamous Mud Pit crossing the finish line together!

No comments: