Friday, August 10, 2007

Carter Cameron Can Swim

I was wondering if we would get there this year and all of the sudden he went from not even trying to swimming. What am I talking about...My Son Can Swim! Yes, that is right. Carter swam for the first time this past weekend. Over the past couple of months Carter has been floating around the pool in a tube. I was thinking, how will he ever learn to swim. I tried to get him out of the tube, but he was very fearful of the water. I finally got him to hold onto my back while I swam around the pool. I think that was the straw that took him to the next level. Lisa, my brilliant wife, kept saying, "he will swim when he is ready." Of course being the father of 4 and my only boy not swimming at 3 when we are in the pool 5 days a week, I have been ready. Oh, ready for about 2 years! But it's not about me, I needed to wait... be patient and supportive until he was ready. So, YES, my son can swim!!!!!

No comments: