Sunday, September 7, 2008

MOUNTAIN BIKING AT BELL PASS, MCDOWELL MOUNTAINS SCOTTSDALE

I know it has been a while since I posted a blog about mountain biking. I am still at it and loving it! Yesterday I saw a 4 foot rattle snake laying across the trail. I was so slow to get my camera out that he moved under a tree before I could snap a shot.
Today we, me and Greg Tucek, headed off from the north side of McDowell Mountain Ranch to The Gateway loop. We took that east to the turn off for Bell Pass. What a long grueling ride Bell Pass is. Many of you may see it all the time. When driving over the bridge into MMR, look up to the McDowell Mountains and look for switch backs cut high in the mountain. If you live up here, you have seen them. Bell Pass crosses over the top of the McDowell's just north of Thompson's Peak. Thompson's Peak is the peak with the antennas on top.
Working my way up, this is the view back towards the city and the Phoenix Mountain Preserve.
That is the look of exhaustion!
Same look, different angle. Nice hair!
The trail headed up to the pass. This is actually clear, most times it looks the same as the right side of the picture.
Greg hoofing it up the mountain!
That's all folks!
Jeff Cameron

No comments: